Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our Baby Girl

Last time we went in for an ultrasound, we were going to find out what the gender of our little babe was. But since she was a wiggly little gal, the ultra sound tech couldn't get a clear view of her heart. Everything looked good but they just wanted to make sure so they had me schedule another ultrasound. Not that I was mad because who doesn't love looking at their baby girl???

Today when I went in for my second ultrasound I was soooo excited to see how big she had gotten and to see all those fun little features. She was being stubborn and wouldn't move her hand so we couldn't get a full view of her profile. She is definitely wanting us to wait for her big debut I guess? Here she is at her finest, don't mind the big fist in the way.

Her fabulous profile...


Sorry if you think this is freaky but I think she's rather cute. Too bad she wouldn't move her hand so we could get the full view.


Here are her cute little lips (on the bottom) and nose (on the top)...


and her long legs. The ultrasound tech wrote "mom's legs" haha...

She is measuring in the 75% for her weight, weighing at 3 lbs 1 oz. so far and once again I am measuring BIG. Good news is that I'll probably have to have another ultrasound because I am measuring big. Maybe next time she will be cooperative haha. I don't mind.

Overall I was so happy to see her. The ultra sound tech was so funny. Every time she showed me a different view she would say "Oh!!! Such pretty lips!", "Ah such a pretty profile!!!" or "Oh! She's got long legs like mommy!!! They are so pretty!!!" She was cracking me up but I was totally right there with her!! She is very pretty and I can't believe I only have two months left! CRAZY!!! Right now I am feeling great! I am sure these pleasant comfortable days are coming to an end pretty soon and my next post I'll be singing a different tune, but for now I will remember that I:

- Can still button my pants but maybe next week will be a different story??

- LOVE Chinese or Mexican food.....not a fan of meat on the bone aka ribs :-( or Italian food. Spicy food is also a plus since I haven't had any heart burn yet......

- Have really itchy skin in the mid section area. This morning I woke up and discovered that I must have gone crazy in the middle of the night (which I have no recollection of doing) and I have the claw marks to prove it! My poor belly still has a definite four finger scratch going all the way across it and it was stinging all day like a sunburn.

- Can't watch my favorite CSI before bedtime due to my very vivid dreams. Too bad they never caught the murderer in the full black spandex suit.....I'm afraid he's hiding in my attic or under my bed like he was in the latest episode? I have to distract my wandering mind when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and pray that CSI doesn't pop into my mind or I'll be wide awake and freaked out. I was never like this before.

- Am sleeping comfortable and only need to get up once to go potty in the middle of the night.

- Love the fact that my kiddos not only say by to me at the end of the day but give my belly a rub and say "bye bye baby girl!!"

-Get a little claustrophobic when Scottie pesters me....sorry babe.

- Have a few melt downs when getting ready or walking past my favorite clothing store knowing I shouldn't enter because.....I feel fat. No let's say large and in charge.

- Cry and laugh in movies....a little more than I used to. I mostly get the giggles.

-Contemplating buying some fat band aids to cover my belly button that is stuck so far inside I'm sure it's won't be popping out anytime soon. So for now, when I wear a white shirt, or any other color for that matter, you can see my "doughnut hole". From the side it looks like my stomach sinks in and then pops out again....like I got karate chopped in the gut.

- Can't wait for my baby girl to arrive! I want to squeeze and hug her already.

7 comments:

sinika said...

Cute Christie! Such good pictures! I can't believe they know how much she weighs?! That is so cool.

So excited for you!!!!!!!!! :)

Sarah said...

I can't wait for you to be a mommy !!! yOu are the cutest thing in the world! I know we have been saying this for forever! But really lets get together. My # is 801-837-7836 I have a baby gift for you!

Tiercy said...

Sounds like you had the best ultrasound tech ever! So fun! It is so good that you recorded these prego moments because as much as you think you'll remember, you'll forget. I can't wait to meet baby lamb!

The Peterson's said...

Very exciting! I hope all goes well for you! can't wait!

Mama Swalz said...

Wow! Love the pics :) I can't believe how good they are! You are such a cute prego mom. I can't wait for your baby girl to get here!!

The Bartons said...

She is going to be beautiful! you don't need an ultra sound picture to know that! Not fair that you can still button your pants, I loose that ability after 3 months! and the not being able to watch scary or graphic shows doesn't go away after birth, I still can't watch them, I always start thinking about whats happening in the show happening to my girls and I can't continue watching.

The Andersens said...

Oh I just love ultra sounds!! They are so precious... It was so good to talk to you tonight! Im so excited for you guys!! I cant wait to see you on the 13th! I talked to Craig tonight and Im for sure coming!! :)