Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Ski Time!


I can't believe it's been a whole year already! It seems like yesterday when Scottie got me to go skiiing for the first time since... eighth grade? I guess that I sucked so bad last time that he decided to invite his buddy Jarom to go snowboarding with him and invite my lil sis Megs (who hasn't been skiing since six grade) to be my ski buddy so I'd have someone to ski with on the bunny hill...haha. Apparently the bunny hill just isn't his thing? Well it was a blast and yes Megs and I only spent two runs (for practice) on the bunny hill and then we were off to bigger and better things. I was also very impressed with Scottie's boarding skills! I really want to learn how to snowboard after watching him today but I'm afraid that might be awhile since I'm somewhat terrified on skis? But over all it was a blast hanging out with Scottie, Megs, and Jarom and enjoying the fresh new snow!

Megs and I getting ready to hit the slopes!


I was trying to keep warm on the way up the frigid slopes. Good thing I had one eye to help me know when to hop off?


Scottie and I enjoying the scenic view on the way up!


It's not that difficult getting off the chair when it's only you and one other person....


But it is when you have four people, two skiers and two snowboarders.


After a good lunch we were bundled up and ready to go!




9 comments:

Megan Marie said...

wow you post pics fast! almost as fast as we skied down that hill! haha

sinika said...

Hehe! Looks like you guys had fun! I'm jealous- that would be a funny sight to see huh- a prego snowboarder... ;)

The Teaching Mom and Wife said...

The snow was great! Were you up there on Friday? If you were I'm surprised we never saw you, we were there all day. It's always a fun time!

Megan said...

I am glad you found my blog and stopped by. It has been way to long since we have seen or spoken to each other. I am glad to see that you are doing so well and that you are teaching school. Me too! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog list.

The Peterson's said...

Ah snow! It was 81 here today. I am missing ski time! Have fun!

Chelcie said...

Oh boy I'll bet that was quite a sight ;) Sounds like you girls rocked that bunny hill!

Casie said...

Hey Swals! Okay, so I had to stop in on your blog (that I found through my friend's - how do you know so many Delta people?) and I saw that you are now married!?! That's fantastic! Congratulations!I'm glad you are doing well teaching in St. George. I taught a couple of years in Enterprise, but we just moved to Vegas so my hubby could go to med. school and I'm a little afraid to teach in this scary city. Anyway, just wanted to say hi! We have a blog, but it's private, so if you want to email me I can link you to it, but don't feel pressure - maybe you'll want to so you can really remember who I am! Ha! casiedekker@hotmail.com -by the way, I love skiiing, but I too would like to learn how to board and also, I never decorate for Thanksgiving - I think that the holidays are interlinked with one another and Christmas wins on the decor. Take care!

Tiercy said...

Sounds like we ski at the same speed, ha. About snowboarding...all the boarders I saw were on their bums so I'm sticking with skis.

Amy said...

HOLY CRAP!! That one eyed picture made me laugh SO HARD!! Oh, that's a good one. Looks like fun.